The Witchery

Feb 24, 2010












Last night I had a meal of epic greatness to celebrate the death of my dissertation (may you forever rest in peace) at the Witchery.
Just a few doors from the Castle, this culinary gem set in a 16th century edifice was worth weeks of eager anticipation.

The food was delight in every bite. The service was unparalleled. The interiors, discretely extravagant. Even the ladies room deserves compliments for being spotless and well-stocked with Molton Brown toiletries. As far as fine dining in Scotland goes, I don't think any other restaurant could ever compare. Sorry to rhapsodize and bore you, but the meal was so good it had to be done. Really, the only thing that failed to enthuse me was the uninteresting peach melba dessert.



Assiete de charcuterie Iberico.
The ham on the side had the most divine artichoke and caper stuffing.
It is the stuff clouds and dreams are made of.



The Witchery Salmon Pie
This made my tongue dance all night.


Peach Melba. Never again.


Alexander MyQueen looking dashing in his fabulous feather bow tie


This picture lies.


This is the real us.

I could really get use to these leisurely evenings.
I'm already planning my next epic meal with Alex.
The Tower, Oui?