Shadow Shades

Aug 31, 2010

P1040975

P1040972

P1040976

I'm so blessed. Over my birthday, I got so many magnificent presents from people whom I love dearly. Now, Im the type of person who shrieks at the sight of a shiny box/red envelope/greeting card. And Im pretty certain echos of my screams are heard as far as the Antarctic.

This birthday was made more special by the fact that my grandmother had passed down the most beautiful old mine cut navette diamond ring that had once belonged to my great grandmother. It's beautiful, sparkly and flawed...but imperfection is what makes antique diamonds so charming! (I find that flawlessness is usually a most annoying trait in people and things.) She handed the navette to me along with 2 other gold rings stuffed inside the most amazing antique carved wooden chest. I'll showcase them another time (along with the most gorgeous diamond earrings and Indian necklace encrusted with gems given to me by my mother) since they are in the care of my jeweler for resizing and cleaning.

P1040951

Apart from family gems and heirlooms, I also got this beautiful stingray cuff with sapphires and an amethyst drop given to me by my dear friend Lucille Dizon. It is a stunner, just like the designer herself. I wore it the entire week and it will undoubtedly make a repeat appearance in posts to come.

As with every piece of jewelry ever given to me, I will treasure this generous gift of yours forever.
Thank you, Luch!

P1040933

To all my family and friends who greeted me and who have been so generous, thank you!
My birthday was beautiful because of all of you.


13 comments:

Wynne Prasetyo said... Best Blogger Tips

woah, nice bag!

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice jewellerys!

And I love your heels.

Kookie B. said... Best Blogger Tips

belated happy birthday, Hannah! i always like seeing your jewelry posts! makes me giddy. that cuff is beautiful!

deathbyplatforms.blogspot.com

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said... Best Blogger Tips

Really pretty outfit. i love that cuff. :)SarahD

Isabel said... Best Blogger Tips

happy birthday! the jewelry is beautiful!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

It is really a stunner, I'm on love with it! Happy birthday :p


Sara



http://theredcurry.wordpress.com

Lucille Dizon said... Best Blogger Tips

Your most welcome Hannah! Im glad you liked it. :)

gucci 2011 said... Best Blogger Tips

I do like your post and it is fashionable

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Belated bithday! I love the bangle, it's really beautiful.

xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

Zarna said... Best Blogger Tips

im glad you had a great birthday! i really love your bag and that bracelet is beautiful!!

stayfabulous,
zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

Super Shaznae said... Best Blogger Tips

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Nice cuff. :)Elegant and stylish.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Came across your blog, love everything i have seen and about manila fashion/style scene.

Best...Caribbean Fashion Boi!

StyleAnywhere said... Best Blogger Tips

happy birthday Hanna! Hope to see you again! :)